Tuesday, May 4, 2010

About a month to go

senior-recital-poster
In a little over four weeks, the time of my senior recital will be upon us.
Am I scared... no. Am I nervous... maybe a little.
I've finished the first draft of my last piece for the concert, so I don't have to compose any "new music" per se. Overall it turned into about 9 pieces, with a couple sets. Here's the list in tentative order:
1. The Wooden Sonata (for clarinet and marimba)
  • I.     Come i denti dentellati (like serrated teeth (the piece is mainly in 5/8))
  • II.   Adagio
  • III. Allegro con gusto
2. No More, America (for men's choir)
3. Silence (Vocal pieces for mezzo voice and piano)
  • I.   EA Poe
  • II.  JW Riley
4. Seduction of a Spanish Supervillan (Trio for piano, violin, and cello)
5. Hero's Humble Home (fiddle and santur)
6. The Shanty Set
  • I.     Katy on the Shore (mandolin, fiddle, two baritone voices)
  • II.   The Fiddler's Hook (2 fiddles)
  • III. The Assassin's Flight (2 guitars, fiddle, banjo, mandolin, bass, and voice)
In other news, I've put links for the maelstrom soundtrack on the right... so send your friends there, the rich ones.
Did you guess the model we based our recital poster on? Well, here it is:
schumann_page270
The Schumanns

No comments: