Friday, May 13, 2011

All these cool shows and their main titles

I watch a lot of TV. I know I probably shouldn't, but I justify it by saying its research for when I'll eventually be hired to make music for TV shows. One thing that I'm loving about shows on now are the intros... not only the graphics, but the music as well. So I just wanted to share with you a couple of my favorites from this years shows.
First, we have the opener for Showtime's The Borgias.

The music is by Trevor Morris and is pretty awesome. Not only does he use a choir singing some Latin to represent the church, but also a classical guitar slinging some great licks to represent the "Spanishness" of the Borgia family. Although, with the amount that they have sex, you'd think they'd be French... ba dum.
Next up we have one of my favorite graphic intros for HBO's Game of Thrones.

Ramin Djawadi came late into the game to replace Stephen Warbeck, for whatever reason. Not much of the music from the show has struck me as anything spectacular, but I do like the intro. But the graphics get me... I mean, combining castles and steampunk... I'm all over that!
This show isn't on anymore, but I dearly miss it, and it's great opening sequence. HBO's Deadwood.

David Schartz is the composer responsible for the awesomeness that is the Deadwood music.
Other honorable mentions:

No comments: