Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Not much school left

7 1/2 weeks left of school. That's a little scary.
Things are starting to fall in place, however, so that's a good thing. Although, my composition professor suggested I write two more songs than what I had originally planned for.
So what do I have left? 2 songs, and I have to find a men's choir to sing one of my pieces.
Here is the playlist in no particular order:
  • Clarinet and Marimba Sonata -- 15'
  • Piano Trio -- 10'
  • Men's Choral Piece -- 3'
  • Vocal piece for Mezzo and Piano -- 5'
  • Violin and Santur Folksong -- 5'
  • Shanty for Bluegrass band and baritone-- 5'
  • Shanty for Mandolin, Fiddle, and 2 Baritones -- 5'
  • 2nd Vocal Piece -- 5' ??
  • Shanty Intelude -- 3' ??
So there you have it. An hour's worth of music. The trickiest thing will be rehearsing the bluegrass band (I think). I heard the first rehearsal of the piano trio, and was really impressed. They're going to rock it for sure.
What will I be doing? You mean, besides having written all of this? Well, I'll be playing rhythm guitar and singing for the Bluegrass Shanty, and I'll be playing Mandolin for the 2nd shanty.
Also, a poster is in the works, so watch out for that. June 3rd at the Old Church. Get your plane tickets now...

No comments: