Monday, July 26, 2010

Apple fail. MOTU wins

...at least in the race to come out with the first iPod/Phone/Pad DAW control.
For those who don't know what I'm talking about, this is a convenience thing in order to control your Digital Audio Workstation.
After reading
this article from Create Digital Music, it left me feeling a little sad inside. I figured that Apple would definitely be the first to come out with a native application for controlling it's own DAW. It's one of the things that I've wanted for a while in my studio, so that when I'm laying down a track on my digital drumset I don't have to get up and walk over to my keyboard to stop recording.
Not only was MOTU first to release this, but they're giving it away to users of DP 7.2. If I didn't love Logic (Apple's DAW) so much, this would be just one more thing... but I do love Logic. So I will continue to wait... but not too long Apple.
I want it. NOW!!!! (Dammit, I'm an American) I want it yesterday!

No comments: