Friday, October 8, 2010

3 things that excite me (right now)

I'm still over here in Chi Town, bankrolling my future, and trying to make my dad a pantload of money. When I'm not working, I'm usually surfing the net, or just vegging out (it's a lot harder managing a railroad company than I imagined).
I  try to read, and I try listening to music, but I usually just end up reading about music. A couple things I've heard about but finally have actually gathered some information on is some upcoming releases that have me absolutely drooling!
human-target-package
Human Target by Bear McCreary
This is being released by
La La Land Records on Oct. 19th for $24.95.
I'm excited about this score for a couple of reasons... Bear McCreary scored the lion's share of the remake of Battlestar Galactica. Secondly, the score was performed by a live (and at times, HUGE) orchestra, and anytime that happens in the current entertainment market, I feel obliged to support that!
I never really got into the show, but I'm sure I won't be disappointed by the score.
boxset
Elfman/Burton Boxset
I think the title pretty much says it all. This is the culmination of their work together, which is weird, because neither of them are dead yet ( ...I kindof assume that they are going to do more together). It also has other goodies that help justify the price... a little.
You can pre-order the december release at
burtonelfman.com, and be forewarned, they're asking for $500 for this! Holy shit. $500?! And they are only making 1000 of these. So the question is, are there 1000 fanboy's with $500 dollars burning a hole in their batman shaped money clip? And the even greater question, does my mom know that I want this for my birthday?
Even if she does, that is a lot to ask... however, if it were to be a combination birthday/christmas gift? Maybe then? I keed... Christmas is about '8 pound 6 ounce baby Jesus' (I'm quoting Ricky Bobby).
But seriously... I'm not above begging.
screen-shot-2010-10-08-at-9-14-48-pm
Avatar
This rare artifact will be released on November 16th with a suggested retail price of $54.99, but can be pre-ordered from
amazon for $35.99.
This version will have tons of extras, including more footage in the film itself (even more than the recent version that was released, er... re-released, er... showed recently in theaters. Anyways, they have lots of things on here like documentaries and deleted scenes and other cool goodies.
I'm just really excited to watch some Blu-Ray Avatar in my living room. I initially thought I might wait for the 3D version... but I don't think I want to buy a 3D TV yet.
So there you go. Three things that I'm excited about. Am I missing anything?

No comments: