Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Forgotten Music, Rediscovered

If you read this blog, you know that I'm a film score fanatic.
What I don't write about very often is my love for other styles of music. Well, today I'm going through my library and recreating a playlist containing music that isn't film music, or classical.
In creating this new playlist, the greatest thing about it is rediscovering music that has been sitting in iTunes for a long while gathering digital dust.
Today, I rediscovered some old albums that are really great, but I haven't listened to in a long while.
51lmzxnhfl-_sl500_aa300_
Lagwagon - Let's Talk About Feelings
(
iTunes) (Amazon)
So many great songs on this album. I love the "muzak" section in the first song separating the punk with something a little softer.
41ry0jmakal-_sl500_aa300_
cKy - Infiltrate.Destroy.Rebuild
(
iTunes) (Amazon)
For my money, this is cKy's strongest album. Every song is tight, and seems well worked out with all the other songs on the album.
51n5gaqdzrl-_sl500_aa300_
Refused - The Shape of Punk to Come
(
iTunes) (Amazon)
An album intended to be a through experience from beginning to end.  I was sad when punk didn't go in this direction... and when the band split.
61k96j6drvl-_sl500_aa300_
Reverend Horton Heat - Holy Roller
(
Amazon)
Shame on me for losing touch with my rockabilly soul. This album is full of everything one could ever want of this genre. From satire, to same sex cowboys.
5174t5vfaxl-_sl500_aa300_
Incubus - S.C.I.E.N.C.E.
(
iTunes) (Amazon)
The heaviest and different than what came before. My second favorite next to
Make Yourself. But how can you not love an album that begins with the sound of a didgeridoo?
And the awesome rediscovered single...
The Avalanches - "Frontier Psychiatrist"
Enjoy!

No comments: